Access Statement – Porthkerry House Bed and Breakfast
We aim to cater for the needs of all our guest, within reason, in our home, based on 3 bedroom guest accommodation.
The following statement is a summary of our provision.
- Documents can be provided in large print by prior arrangement.
- There is internet access in the property.
- Little Budworth is a semi-rural village. There is a bus stop ¼ mile from Porthkerry House with a very limited service.
- Manchester and Liverpool John Lennon Airports can be found within 40 minutes drive of Porthkerry House with Tarporley 4 miles, Chester 15 miles, Crewe Train Station 15 miles, Knutsford 17 miles, Liverpool 31 miles and Manchester 33 miles away.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- On arrival to the property there is access to the car parking via Vicarage Lane.
- There is one off road parking space for each guest bedroom.
- There is PIR lighting to the front of the house.
- The car parking surface is made of chipped slate plus a tarmac driveway which enables guests to pull up/drop off within a non-chipped slate area.
- There is temporary ramp access available via the side of the house and through the dining area if requested.
- Assistance is available with luggage on request.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The front door has a raised step leading to it which is part of the original building structure.
- The front door is 80cm wide and the frame is not to be changed as is original to the house as, again, is over 10 years old.
- On entry to Porthkerry House, there is a reception area with parquet flooring.
- A chair can be provided in this reception area if requested.
- Guest bedrooms are all ensuite on first floor and there is no ground floor public toilet available.
- Breakfast is served in the breakfast room on the ground floor. Entrance to the dining area is through one door off the reception area which is 75cm wide.
- Furniture in the dining area is flexible and can be removed on request.
- Tables are movable and can be adjusted to meet the needs of guests on request.
- Breakfast menus can be provided in large print by prior arrangement.
- There are 3 bedrooms which are all located on the first floor.
- There are stairs with 13 steps and a quarter turn to access the first floor bedrooms.
- The stairs have a banister all the way up on one side.
- On the landing, there are no steps into the bedrooms.
- Bedrooms have fire doors with widths of, Bedroom 1, 66cm and Bedrooms 2 and 3, 74cm. All bedroom doors open inwards.
- Bedroom doors have a self-closing mechanism with key access from the landing and an easy exit thumb turn on the inside.
- A chair is available for guest use in each bedroom but this can be removed on request.
- Bedroom 3 has an ensuite walk in shower facility whilst Bedrooms 1 and 2 have baths with an overhead shower.
- A fire risk assessment will be carried out on a regular basis.
- The front door is the main fire exit and emergency lighting along with an integrated smoke alarm system have been installed within Porthkerry House Bed and Breakfast.
- Each bedroom has a clear emergency plan included within the Information Folder.
- The smoke alarm sounds continuously if evacuation is needed and the emergency lights will be illuminated on the landing and above the front door.
- Guests are asked to inform us if additional assistance is required to evacuate the building, for example due to mobility issues or hearing impairment.
- We are a non-smoking/vaping establishment and this includes all areas inside Porthkerry House Bed and Breakfast.